Extruder rupture disks provide a reliable and economical pressure relief safety device in extrusion and polymer processing applications. Extruder rupture disks can also be referred to as rupture pins, rupture disks, burst plugs, and burst disks.
MPI rupture disks offers standard features such as:
- Inconel end disk for consistent rupture over a wide temp range.
- 750°F (400°C) temp rating – optional up to 1000°F (535°C)
- 5% accuracy
- Stock ranges from 1500 – 15000psi
- Standard threads ½”-20UNF, ¾”-16NC, 5/8”-11NC, M18x1.5, M14x1.5
- Optional – threads, tip designs
Technical detail for proper installation and operation of extruder rupture disks:
- Proper Extruder Rupture Disk Installation
- Temperature Derating Curves
We ship 90% of the orders we receive the same day.